Reporting Discrimination and Grievances

MU is committed to providing equal opportunity to and addressing discrimination against people with disabilities, as outlined in the Collected Rules, Chapter 600.

People with a disability who believe their disability is not being properly accommodated, or who have experienced discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability, may file a complaint with the Office of Institutional Equity.

Complaints about accessibility barriers and other ADA issues should be submitted to the Office of Accessibility and ADA through Amber Cheek, the ADA Coordinator, at or 573-884-7278.

A person with a disability may also file a complaint with the federal government through the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (for students), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (for employees), or the U.S. Department of Justice (for members of the public).